Auralex StopGap Acoustical Sealant
Sold here in individual 29-ounce tubes.
Auralex StopGap Acoustical Sealant is a highly elastic, water-based sealant used for reducing sound transmission at the perimeter of wall systems or around electrical box cutouts to achieve specified STC/MTC values. The surface dries to a tough film but the sealant remains flexible and stays pliable for up to 5 times longer than alternative brands. And unlike other products, Stop-Gap has no residual run-off. StopGap is paintable and nonstaining, and meets ASTM C-834 standards for flame retardancy (flame spread=0; smoke developed=0).
- Apply in a 1/4" (6mm) bead around perimeter of sound related partition
- Apply to depth as required for voids and larger openings
- Seal sound-rated partitions on both sides where facings abut dissimilar materials
- Apply to all openings formed for outlets and lights and completely cover the outside of electrical boxes
Auralex StopGap comes in a large, 29 oz. caulking tube and therefore requires a larger than normal-sized caulking gun, which can be purchased at any local hardware store.
Coverage per 29 oz. cartridge is approximately:
- 1/4 inch bead: 89 linear feet (27m);
- 3/8 inch bead: 40 linear feet (12m); or
- 1/2 inch bead: 22 linear feet (6m).
We Also Recommend