Drop-tile ceiling tiles are traditionally used for visually blocking unsightly HVAC systems, wiring, insulation and other obstacles above the grid work. Unfortunately, most ceiling tiles do not meet the acoustical requirements for critical listening environments. Many of the commercially available ceiling tiles are fairly reflective at low, mid and high frequencies.
The acoustical solution is Auralex T-Coustic Ceiling Tiles, a line of fiberglass acoustic ceiling tiles that offer the aesthetic qualities you desire and absorption coefficients that are 20%-45% higher than standard ceiling tiles.
Auralex T-Coustic Ceiling Tiles can easily be installed into new and existing drop and suspending ceiling grids, and are ideal for upgrading in-room sound quality by controlling ambient noise and reducing noise transmission. Each panel is 1" thick and is supplied with a fabric scrim on the face of the panel. Standard colors are white and black. Custom colors are available upon request – please contact us for more information on custom colors.
- Fiberglass absorption ceiling tiles
- 20- 45% higher NRC ratings than standard tiles
- Sized to fit standard 2’x2’ and 2’x4’ ceiling grids
- Perfect for sound-critical spaces such as offices, conference rooms or basement environments
- Reduce unwanted acoustical reflections
- Tame chaotic reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- ‘Class A’ Fire-Rated per ASTM E-84
|Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) by Frequency|
|Freq.||125 Hz||250 Hz||500 Hz||1 KHz||2 KHz||4 KH||Overall|
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- 6-Pack - Auralex 2'x4' T-Coustic Ceiling Tiles
- 12-Pack - Auralex 2'x2' T-Coustic Ceiling Tiles
- Treatment Type: Absorption
- Dimensions: Each tile is 23.875" x 23.875" x 1" (fits in 2'x2' grid) or 23.875” x 47.875” x 1" (fits in 2'x4' grid)
- Panels Per Box: 6-Pack of 2'x4' or 12-Pack of 2'x2'
- Available Colors: Black or White
- Manufacturer Part No.:
- 2'x2' White: TCCT22_BASIC
- 2'x4' White: TCCT24_BASIC
- 2'x2' Black: TCCT22BLK
- 2'x4' Black: TCCT24BLK