Auralex StopGap Acoustical Sealant
Auralex StopGap Acoustical Sealant is a highly elastic, water-based sealant used for reducing sound transmission at the perimeter of wall systems or around electrical box cutouts to achieve specified STC/MTC values. The surface dries to a tough film but the sealant remains flexible and stays pliable for up to 5 times longer than alternative brands. And unlike other products, Stop-Gap has no residual run-off. StopGap is paintable and nonstaining, and meets ASTM C-834 standards for flame retardancy (flame spread=0; smoke developed=0).
- Apply in a 1/4" (6mm) bead around perimeter of sound related partition
- Apply to depth as required for voids and larger openings
- Seal sound-rated partitions on both sides where facings abut dissimilar materials
- Apply to all openings formed for outlets and lights and completely cover the outside of electrical boxes
Auralex StopGap comes in a large, 28 oz. caulking tube and therefore requires a larger than normal-sized caulking gun, which can be purchased at any local hardware store.
- Highly elastic, water-based sealant
- Reduce sound transmission at the perimeter of wall systems or electrical box cutouts to achieve STC/MTC
- Surface dries to tough film
- No residual run-off
- Paintable and non-staining
- Use in walls, ceilings or floors
- Most effective when combined with other soundproofing constuction
- Helps in decoupling floors and walls
- Maintains STC of Wall System; will achieve an STC rating of 53 when applied per ASTM C-919
- Permanently Flexible
- Class A Per ASTM E84 for flame retardancy
- Coverage per 28 oz. cartridge is approximately ~32 linear ft. with a 3/8 inch bead applied
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- 1 Tube - Auralex StopGap Acoustical Sealant
- Treatment Type: Construction/Insulation
- Manufacturer Part No.: STOPGAP
Please Note: Auralex StopGap Acoustical Sealant is considered Consumer Commodity ORM-D and is not air shippable.
We Also Recommend