The best way to tighten up a room's sound and make it more soundproof in the process is to design it right, build it tight and make the partitions as dense as possible. That's where Auralex Mineral Fiber Insulation comes in.
It's WAY more dense than "the pink stuff" and is specifically designed for acoustical usage. It yields much better bass trapping, overall absorption, thermal characteristics, moisture absorption and sound transmission loss (isolation) than any other product we've found.
Use it as insulation in your wall/floor/ceiling soundproofing construction or cover it with acoustical cloth and hang it on the wall or ceiling for a viable alternative to acoustic foam panels.
- Does not absorb moisture or support growth of mold, bacteria or mildew
- Lightweight & easy to install
- Flame Retardancy Class A
- Excellent thermal resistance; non-combustible
- Superior for reducing sound transmission
- CFC and HCFC free product and process
- Made from natural & recycled materials
- lower moisture absorption
- better sound isolation and acoustic absorption
- lower flame spread and smoke density
- 1200° burn point vs. 650°
- 8 lb./cubic ft density
|Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) by Frequency|
|125 Hz||250 Hz||500 Hz||1 KHz||2 KHz||4 KH||Overall|
R Value: 4.35 (1"); 8.70 (2"); 13.05 (3"); 17.40 (4")
Note: While 2" and 4" Auralex Mineral Fiber offer virtually the same absorption between 250Hz and 4kHz, 4" is dramatically more effective at 125Hz. While 2" offers a 125Hz absorption coefficient of .32, 4" offers an absorption coefficient of 1.11. It also bears mentioning that 4" Auralex Mineral Fiber will offer higher levels of sound transmission loss (STL) than will 2" due to the increased mass 4" offers.
What's in the Box?
- 6 sheets/box - Auralex 2" Mineral Fiber 2'x4' Insulation
- Treatment Type: Construction/Insulation
- Dimensions: Each panel is 2'W x 4'L x 2"D
- Panels Per Box: 6
- Coverage: 48 square feet (8 square feet/panel)
- Manufacturer Part No.: 2MF24